Friday, July 11, 2014

where we all are....

Lebron James has announced that he's going to Cleveland and I'm not sure how I feel. Go Heat, yes. Go Cleveland, not sure. His long-awaited decision to return home to the state of Ohio does presents a moment to consider the many places the members of American High's Class of '85 have settled over the past 30 years. This blog has had hits from many places in and outside of the United States, suggesting some of us definitely live or travel outside of this country. Based on the estimates of one of alumni website, it appears our residential breakdown is as follows: Florida (109), Georgia (9), Alabama (1), Maine (1), Michigan (1), North Carolina (2), Texas (3) and Virginia (1). I know one of us lives in the Bahamas and at least one other lives elsewhere in the Caribbean. There is also least one in Europe and possibly Africa. Please let me know if that site has missed a state. PS Both of my teams lost the fight to become national champions again - that would be Alabama and the Heat - after both won such a title the year before (I am also a 'Canes fan especially the '80s vintage as I was a student there back then). I am more than ready for a new season of sports. I am also more than ready for a trip to the beach. Here are photos taken during a trip to Florida last year. This crazy, hippies-styled truck was parked in Coconut Grove. There's also a shot of the ocean from Juno Beach. I sort of understand, Lebron. I miss my home state, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment