Wednesday, July 16, 2014

first ticket to the reunion purchased

A shout-out to Jeanne (Carpenter) Bradley of American High's Class of '85 for being the first person to purchase a ticket to our the Across the Years Happy Hour Beach Party Reunion (is that a mouthful or what?). Again, it will be held 5-7 pm July 18, 2015 at the Hollywood Beach Marriott hotel! Jeanne made her purchase via etsy and I can't thank her enough. In addition to the invite, she gets a special prize: an American High coffee mug. A shout-out, too, to all of the people who have worked on our school's yearbooks over the years. I've been looking through them to remember the good times. Have you? I have posted here the yearbooks in my possession. I don't have the one for the Class of '84 and suspect my brother, who was in that class, has it. That or it's somewhere in my mom's house in Florida, which means I may or may not find it anytime soon. By the way, a classmate is looking for Arlene Johnson who was also in our class. If anyone can tell her as much and provide her contact information to me via email, I will be happy to pass it on. Again, thanks Jeanne! And thanks to everyone who has RSVPed or emailed to say they plan to come to the reunion. PS I'm blogging now as I am already blogging for my fall courses. It's called "flipped" teaching. After August,I'll post updates a lot less. For now, please don't forget to make your plans to join us next July!

No comments:

Post a Comment